Building Powerful Minds through Mathematics.
We use the rigorous study of mathematics as a vehicle to develop our students' math fluency, intellect, and character, empowering them for life
Since 1997 our award-winning K-12 after-school math enrichment program has been empowering students to achieve academic excellence. Only last school year over 40,000 RSM students saw outstanding results in math proficiency.
Main ideas that make Russian School of Mathematics so unique and deliver excellent results:
- We teach understanding over memorization
- We introduce abstract thinking early
- We teach kids in small classes of up to 12 kids
- We provide adequate challenge by teaching on three different levels best suited to each student's individual skills and abilities:
Often the best fit for new students. This level curriculum is designed to meet students where they are and bring them to the level of international standards.
II - Advanced Level
Most students continue to this level, where we offer a challenging mathematics curriculum that provides the deep understanding, reasoning skills, and confidence needed for success from elementary through honors high school and beyond.
III - Honors Level
This rigorous curriculum goes into great depth on the topics covered in the advanced level, and regularly employs competition-level problems that encourage students to push the boundaries of their abilities. Many students in Honors also choose to participate in math competitions.
- Elementary (K-2) We nurture the natural flexibility and curiosity of young minds to spark an interest in math and lay the foundations of higher-level reasoning and logical thinking. Our curriculum and methodology are built with this in mind. Our students learn to work with, and develop an appetite for challenging mathematical concepts.
- Elementary (3-5) We engage our students' minds - guiding them to employ logic, analyze, and derive. This builds a deep and enduring mathematical fluency. We regularly challenge our students to use their minds. Rather than memorize new information, they are guided to derive new knowledge by calling on what they know, thereby continually reinforcing what they've learned.
- Middle School (6-8) Our program delves deeply into Algebra I, II, and Geometry, ensuring our students have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed. We guide our students through a deep exploration of algebraic concepts, empowering them to solve complex mathematical problems. Geometry is taught with a focus on formal proofs, key to further developing logic and reasoning skills.
- High School (9-12) Our high school program builds on the foundation laid in years before to further deepen our students' knowledge of advanced algebraic and geometric concepts as well as calculus. We also ensure our students are well prepared for university entrance exams, APs, and math competitions.
- Competitions Programs; Success with math competitions comes first with the deep and broad foundation best delivered in our core classes. For those interested in a more focused study of competition materials, we offer a selective competitions program that prepares novice and veteran competitors alike for the full array of national and international math competitions.
We offer in person and virtual classes.
Contact your nearest branch for evaluation and enrollment:
: Tel: (224) 422-8449
: Tel.(224) 225-4488
: Tel.(331) 202-8254
: Tel.(847) 220-4654
: Tel.:(224) 355-8140